CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beauty Queen!



As many of you know, I have always had such a soft spot for the elderly!! I decided to do some good and volunteer my services at the local nursing home by doing facials and makeovers with some of the ladies! It was sooo much fun and the ladies really enjoyed themselves. They kept asking me when I was coming back again. I think I am going to make it a tradition and try to go back every month or so. It helped me realize that no matter how old we get, every woman loves to get alittle galmmed up and feel beautiful. I love these ladies!


This is Nora. She was cracking me up. She's 90 yrs old and was sure to make it clear that she looks good for her age. She kept saying she looks 20.:)

Here are just 4 of the 7 ladies that participated..and me and Vicky, one of my newest recruits:)




This is the wonderful Kathy



Sweet sweet Norma..she didn't want me to leave



This is Norma too..she is a spunky lady..haha


Connie loves her makeup and really enjoyed herself!


And this is Dorothy, such a cute lady!







5 comments:

Marti Family said...

How sweet Laurie!!! What a fun thing to do! I love elderly people too! They always make you feel good and remind you what is important in life. Not to mention they always have the best stories! I love the pic of the kiddies too! Lil'bits Christmas dress is so cute!

Jen said...

Love it! Is that blush on the first ladies face or what? What a fun time!

Blessed said...

haha..no its not blush. she said she got bit by something, Im not sure if shes all there or not so I didnt ask any further ?s

Unknown said...

That was a great thing that you guys did. I take gifts to the nursing home here in Santaquin on the holidays to all the residents there. This year I am doing lotions and body cleansers.

The Ward Family said...

Hello. I found your blog on my sisters. That's really nice of you and I bet they loved it.